- Albemarle, 250 Albemarle Road
- Bowen, 280 Cypress Street
- Brown/Oak Hill, 125 Meadowbrook Road
- Burr Park/Bigelow/Ward, 42 Vernon St + 142 Park St
- Burr School, 151 Pine Street
- Cold Spring, 1200 Beacon Street (entrance)
- Countryside, 191 Dedham Street
- Forte, Gates Street off of California
- Fessenden, Crafts and Albemarle
- Hamilton, 547 Grove Street
- Highlands, 32 Winchester Street
- Lincoln-Eliot, 191 Pearl Street
- Lincoln/Waban, 1571 Beacon Street
- Mason Rice, 149 Pleasant Street
- Nahanton Park, Off Winchester, Newton
- Newton South H.S.,140 Brandeis Road
- Peirce, 170 Temple Street
- Stein Circle, 60 Stein Circle
- Upper Falls, 1120 Chestnut Street
- Valeo, 125 Wells Avenue
- Ward, 10 Dolphin Road
- Warren, 1610 Washington Street
- Weeks, Locksley Road, Newton
- West Newton Common, 97 Webster Street
Are Fields Open?
Visit our page on Twitter for the latest news on field status: www.twitter.com/NewtonFields
Rules & Regulations
Coaches are responsible for the enforcement of these rules. Please communicate them to players, families and opposing coaches.
- Pick up trash and recyclable materials following activities, and dispose of properly. Most fields have blue (trash) and green (recycling) containers.
- Activities must be canceled in the event of wet weather. Playing on muddy or slippery fields will damage the surface and risks injury to players. Use good judgment and common sense. In the event of thunder or lightning, coaches must ensure that all players leave the field and find safe shelter for at least 30 minutes.
- Check field status on the web site(NewtonGirlsSoccer.org), Facebook (like Newton Soccer Fields), or Twitter (follow @NewtonFields). These are usually updated by 3 pm weekdays, 7 am Saturdays, and 11 am Sundays. In the event that the weather turns after status has been posted, it is coaches’ responsibility to cease use of fields.
- Practices should use unlined field areas as much as possible in order to preserve fields for game use. Please move the goals for practices to avoid excessive goal-‐mouth wear.
- Portable toilets are provided at all IM and travel game fields. Do not use restrooms at Warren House or Weeks House—these are private residences.
- Parking at Warren and Weeks is only allowed in spaces designated for fields. Do not use resident spaces or you will be towed. Advise parents and opposing coaches in advance.
- Assigned practices take precedence over unassigned practices. Scheduled games take precedence over practices.
- At the end of activities, always move goals off the fields where they are also used for other sports.
- The NGS/NYS Fields Permit is issued by the Newton Parks & Recreation Department, giving our leagues priority use of fields at the times and locations listed. However, there may be times when Newton Public Schools teams use fields even when they are listed on our permit; in such an event, the school team has priority and the NGS/NYS team must wait until the school team leaves the field before beginning to use it.
- In the event of any conflicting use of fields on our permit, please use courtesy in dealing with other sports teams. Report any conflicts to the fields scheduler for resolution.
For artificial turf and lighted fields:
- Use only by assignment.
- Only players and coaches are allowed on the artificial turf. At NSHS Brandeis Road field, spectators must remain behind the fence. At NSHS Stadium, spectators are not allowed on the track or the field.
- No food of any kind, gum, or drinks other than plain water may be brought onto the artificial turf.
- Do not insert any equipment into the artificial turf that will create a hole or divot, and do not bring any chairs or canopies onto the turf.
- In the Spring, goals at NSHS Brandeis Road field must be wheeled off the field after use.
- If for any reason your team will not use a lighted field during a time slot you’ve been assigned, you MUST contact the fields scheduler to let him know.
- Albemarle and Forte are the only lighted fields in Newton, so they are very tightly scheduled. Do not expect to get on early to warm up or to stay on after your allotted time is up. Plan accordingly, especially for games.
- Parks & Rec staff have the final say over field use and closings. Please be courteous with them and follow their instructions.
Updated: Fall 2016