NGS Juniors Kindergarten (JK) program sessions meet on Saturdays from 11:30-12:30 at Bowen Field in Newton Centre. The season begins on Saturday, April 8 and runs through Saturday, June 17. Sessions are scheduled for the Saturday, April 15 and Saturday, April 22 (Newton Public Schools vacation week). We will not play on Saturday, May 27 (Memorial Day Weekend). It is not a problem if your daughter must miss a few sessions this season. The program is designed to be very flexible.
The 60-minute program emphasizes fun, touches on the ball and positive encouragement. Each Saturday, players will break into groups for soccer learning activities led by the NGS Professional Coaching Staff for the first 30 minutes. In the 2nd half of the session, girls play small-sided (4v4) scrimmages with their teammates and parent coach. There are no goal keepers or scores in the JK program. Each session ends with a shared snack time.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your session time starts so that training can start on time! Late arrivals are hard on everyone, including the child.
- Players should bring a size 3 soccer ball, water, and appropriate soccer attire (NGS Jersey, shin-guards and cleats or sneakers).
- Please do not coach, direct or shout instructions to the girls from the sidelines.
- For safety, NGS has a strict NO JEWELRY policy. This means no earrings, no taped earrings, bracelets, necklaces or rings. Players may not wear beads, barrettes or other hard/sharp items. Players may not participate with casts or splints of any kind. Remember to remove all jewelry at home so that it does not get lost on the field. Please do not ask for special permission and make it difficult for the coaches.
- For rainouts, check the NGS website. Field status is updated by 7am on Saturdays, but be sure to check just before your session time as conditions sometimes change. You can also sign up for tweets regarding field status by following @newtonfields.
Spring 2017 match schedule coming soon!