The Juniors 2nd Grade Program begins on Saturday, April 8 and runs through Saturday, June 17. Sessions are scheduled for the Saturday, April 15 and Saturday, April 22 (Newton Public Schools vacation week). We will not play on Saturday, May 27 (Memorial Day Weekend).
Matches are held on Saturdays at Warren Field, 1610 Washington Street at 1:00pm and 2:15pm. In addition, teams will practice once per week. Practice time and location TBD after teams are announced and will depend on field and coach availability.
[As of 2/24/17, our spring 2017 fields and session times are still subject to change depending on registration numbers and field availability.]
- Players are assigned to teams with parent coaches.
- Orange team listed wears ORANGE jersey and supplies game ball
- Other team wears WHITE
- Format is 4v4 with No Goal Keepers
- Scrimmages are 4 10-minute halves with 2 min break after the 1st quarter, a 5-minute half-time, and a 2 min break after the 3rd quarter
- Size 3 ball
- Rainouts – Field status updates are posted on this website. Twitter users can follow @newtonfields for updates. Decisions are typically made by 3pm on weekdays, 7am on Saturdays, and 11am on Sundays.
- Check the schedule each week. Some weeks your team will play at 1:00pm and some weeks they will play at 2:15pm
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to kickoff
Juniors Grade 2 Guidelines
Spring 2017 schedule coming soon. Fall schedule is provided here as an example only.