Winter Futsal 2016/2017 SD Schedule
Newton Girls Soccer offers multiple ways for motivated girls to improve their soccer skills and become better players. The Skills Development Program was created expressly for this purpose. Girls in the SD Program get an extra hour of practice every week and player-focused training by the NGS Professional Coaching Staff. The SD Program is open to all players in K through Grade 8 and as sessions offering grade and age appropriate tactical training and skills development, as well as specialty clinics for players interested in improving specific aspects of their game.
Skills: The Winter FUTSAL Curriculum used for the Skills Training Sessions is centered around player development and enjoyment of the game. We as a club aim to develop skilled, confident and creative soccer players in a FUN, positive learning environment teaching them all aspects of the game based on the four pillars of players development (Technical, Tactical, Physical & Psychological skills) Sessions are tailored to meet the needs of each individual player in the session and will cover topics such as Ball Mastery, passing & receiving, 1v1 attack & defense, speed, finishing and small sided games.
We strongly encourage all interested players to sign-up ASAP as spaces are limited so register here today and don’t miss out! If a session is full, you can register for the wait list and will be contacted if a space opens.
**PLEASE NOTE, the schedule is subject to minor changes depending on gym availability.
- Sessions will run from the week beginning first week of December 2016 through to early March 2017.
- Sessions will be held weekly and run for 1 hour
- Session fees $160 (Monday sessions/10 weeks) and $180 (Tuesday & Saturday sessions/11 weeks)
- All players must wear a NGS Skills Development Jersey which can be ordered for new players for $19 through our online store. To receive the shirt before the program starts, you must place your order by Tuesday, November 29. If your daughter has a shirt from a previous skills development session, she can wear the same one. You only need to purchase a new shirt if you don’t have one or if you want the new style.
- FUTSAL incorporates a low bounce ball which further helps develop a players technique and skill. Futsal balls will not be provided. We advise players to bring their own Futsal ball as they make a huge difference when playing on hard wooden gym floors. Balls can be purchased online at www.soccer.com. Players grade 5 and under use a size 3 ball. Players grade 6 and over use a size 4 ball.
- NGS Director of Coaching Shaun McBrien or a member of his staff of experienced, professional coaches will coach all sessions.
- WEATHER CANCELLATIONS – FOR GYM CLOSURES PLEASE CALL Newton Parks & Rec Hotline at 617-559-9020
- FA Day Middle School (21 Minot Pl, Newton, MA 02460. Entrance to Day Middle School, drive to the “front” of the school, which is in the back of the building off of Minot Place. Park and go up the stairs on the left facing the school from the parking lot. The gym is on the second floor to your left)
- Countryside Elementary School (191 Dedham St, Newton, MA 02461)
- Oak Hill Middle School (130 Wheeler Rd, Newton, MA 02459. Please enter school through main front doors and follow signs for gymnasium)
Kindergarten & Grade 1
- Wednesdays @ Countryside 6-7pm
- Saturdays @ Day 4:15-5:15pm FULL
Grade 2 & Grade 3/U9
- Mondays @ Countryside 7-8pm FULL
- Tuesdays @ Countryside 6-7pm FULL
- Tuesdays @ Countryside 7-8pm FULL
- Wednesdays @ Countryside 7-8pm FULL
- Saturdays @ Day 2:15-3:15pm GRADE 2 ONLY FULL
- Saturdays @ Day 3:15-4:15pm GRADE 3 ONLY FULL
Grade 4/U10 & Grade 5/U11:
- Tuesdays @ Countryside 8-9pm
- Saturdays @ Oak Hill 1:15-2:15pm FULL
Grade 6/U12 & Grades 7/8 – U14:
- Mondays @ Countryside 6-7pm FULL
- Saturdays @ Oak Hill 2:15-3:15pm FULL
Mondays Clinics 12/5, 12/12, 1/9, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13 (10 weeks)
Tuesday Clinics: 12/6, 12/13, 1/3, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/31, 2/7, 2/14, 2/28, 3/7 (11 weeks)
Wednesdays Clinics: 12/7, 12/14, 1/4, 1/11, 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8 (11 weeks)
Saturday Clinics: 12/3, 12/10, 12/17, 1/7, 1/14, 1/21, 1/28, 2/4, 2/11, 3/4, 3/11 (11 weeks)